Monday, August 9, 2010

the lazy days of summer....

Maddy was sick, so we went and got a SnoShack.
Because we are "best friends" we both had to get green apple!
Mason's first practice in pads!
Gibson loungin' at the river
Enjoying the river on a hot day
Brooklyn floating down the rapid

Dancing at the Dance Festival Parade

Dave told Mason that he can't lift weights until he gets older but that he can get buff by doing pushups, dips and situps. When we got home, this is what he ran into his room to do!

The last few weeks have been really busy but at the same time, relaxed. Mason had football twice a day last week, soccer games were wrapping up, and we had 2 family weddings. We spent one hot day with Meieli and the boys swimming in the river in Ashton. The kids had a great time floating down the waterfall, and the water was warm and shallow. We went to the dance festival parade here in Rexburg and have spent a lot of time hanging out with family. I don't know if I can play one more game of Monopoly with Mason, so I recently taught them how to play the game CLUE. It has changed a lot since I was young, but still fun. Also, recorded lots of SHARK week footage for Dawson and he gets a kick out of watching the great whites leap through the air. He even drew a picture today with the shark about to eat Maddy. What a sweet brother!
Dave and I had an awesome weekend without children. It is kind of nice to have time to ourselves without kids in Rexburg, a place we can actually do something. We went shopping in Idaho Falls and had dinner. He bought me the KitchenAid 600 Professional Series mixer and I am in heaven! I have used it about 6 times so far and love it. I still need to perfect my bread recipe....mine isn't very fluffy, but still tasty. Also, Great Harvest bread now bakes Gluten Free bread every Saturday, so I bought myself a load and ate half of it that day! It is delicious. I really enjoyed our much needed time together and some relaxation before the busy week starts!

0 comments: