Friday, September 16, 2011

Grand Teton Relay and Playground Groundbreaking

Watching Dad race his first leg!


Running to the finish line with the whole team

Enjoying the feeling of being done! His team got 1st place!

Introducing the Governor's Wife

PTO Board breaking ground!

Mason, Carly, and First Lady Otter

the kids and I for the big day!
August was such a busy month!  Dave participated in the Grand Teton Relay, a race with 12 members that goes from Ashton to Jackson Hole, WY...about 180 miles.  They started Friday at 11ish and finished on Saturday afternoon.  Rowan and I drove up to see Dave run 2 out of his 3 legs, since one was in the middle of the night.  He did really well, and his team got 1st place overall!

The next week, we had our big groundbreaking ceremony for the playground we have worked so hard for!  We raised almost $200,000 and now the special needs playground is underway.  We had a big ceremony and I got to announce the Governor's wife before her speech.  It has been so fun and rewarding to be part of such a great project!

0 comments: