Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thorny Devils and St. Louis Cardinals

Mason's baseball game.
Proudly displaying his project
Mason has had a very busy spring! Besides his birthday, we worked on a science project about habitats! He chose the desert, and the animal he chose was the thorny devil. I think he picked it just because it grossed me out! I helped him use the internet to learn more about the desert, and then we picked out pictures to print for the project. He did all of the cutting, pasting, coloring and writing himself to make this awesome mobile!
For anyone that has had boys, they know how incredibly painful it is to do this sort of thing with a boy! The amount of sighing, whining and frowning that took place is unmeasurable! When I told him that I would help him make an awesome project, he told me, "My teacher told us not to do anything special!" Nice try Mason! With a little TLC and a mother's touch, it turned out great! Not only was his the first one turned in (I love promptness), but the teacher loved it, and Mason realized that it isn't so bad to do a good job! I was most impressed with how well Mason could remember the information that he learned!
Also, this is his first year of kid pitch baseball. He is the youngest in the league, and his team keeps getting hammered by the other teams. I feel really bad for him because he usually only gets up to bat once, and there is almost NO fielding involved because everyone gets walked by the pitcher. He did have a base hit and caught a fly ball though! I think he sees more action playing in the backyard with Dave! Hopefully he will be on a better team next year.

1 comments:

Jeff and Lindsay said...

I can't wait until my kids at the age where they like to do crafts! You are so awesome with those kids! They learn a lot from you...you are an ideal mom!