Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July in Provo

Dave and I just got back from Provo, where we spent the 4th of July at the Stadium of Fire. This is the best way to spend the 4th, and it is well worth every penny. Lindsay (Dave's sister) and Jeff (her husband) invited us down for the festivities, which included the Blue Man Group, Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana), and the most AMAZING fireworks display I have ever seen (at least 45 minutes of fireworks). We drove down with Dave's parents and his brother Trever, had a delicious Dutch Oven dinner at the park with the family, and went to the BYU-Provo stadium for the show. There were 1300 dancers that performed, a tribute to families of service men and women, and a surprise telecast with the husbands of three women in the audience. It was so touching and really made you appreciate living in the USA. The show was AWESOME, although we all wanted a little more Blue Man Group and a little less Miley (and screaming little girls). We stayed overnight at the Marriott in Salt Lake, toured Temple Square and checked out the Gateway shopping area. We also had the most delicious (and fattening) chunky cinnamon french toast at Kneaders. I could really have spent a few more days there! It was such a fun trip, and I can't wait to drive down to SLC on Tuesday for our trip to OHIO! Stadium of Fire at BYU- Provo
Trever was excited for fireworks
During Miley Cyrus- sums up how we all felt
Enjoying our first 4th of July!

Hailee and I
Pledge of Allegiance
Ashley, Lindsay and Jeff
Mom and Dad Allen
Skydivers entering the stadium


2 comments:

Sherrie said...

How fun!!! Rachey just walked up behind me and said "Oh! There's Sister Linko!!!" She just loves you!!! Happy 4th!

The Atwood's said...

I love stadium of fire, that's cool you got to go. How was your trip to Ohio? You never told me how it went to dish it out!