Dave and I are in Oregon (one week down and one to go). There is absolutely NOTHING to blog about while we are here. I worked two nights earlier this week and we did an emergency C-section together last night (He did the anesthesia, and I was the OR nurse). It was kind of nice to work together. Since it was Saturday, we decided to go out on the town. We worked out at our local gym, went to the laundromat (the scariest laundromat I have ever seen), went to Subway for lunch, took a nap, watched college basketball, and went to King's. For those of you in the east, King's is not really comparable to anything there except maybe Dollar Tree meets thriftstore. They do have amazing 75% off sales on kids clothes and games sometimes, and the easter candy was 50% off, so it made the prices equal to what they sell for in NORMAL towns with NORMAL stores. The most exciting part of the week was that our electric bill was only $45 after running our new space heater at least 18 hours of the day, so now we can run it all the time! Dave has on PJ pants, flannel jeans on top, socks and two shirts. I have on my infamous "grandpa" sweatpants, two layers of socks and at least two sweatshirts and I am still in my fleece blanket. Will it ever get warm?
Enough venting about the lameness of Oregon. I was wondering if anyone had advice on finding decent flights from Idaho Falls to Cleveland, Akron, Detroit, someplace east of the Mississippi so that Dave, the kids and myself can come visit in July. Our dates are flexible for the most part. I have tried sidestep, travelocity, and cheaptickets and haven't found any stellar deals. Please help us so that we can come visit Cleveland soon!
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment